Museum Station was 6 miles
and 1600 yds from Valletta and was opened in 1900. It was believed
that additional revenue would come from the servicemen stationed
at Mtarfa Barracks. There
was a single platform and station building. A passing loop allowed
locomotives to run round the carriages for the return journey.
The line continued for a further 400 yds. crossing a large single span
masonry arched bridge before coming to an abrupt end against
a brick wall at Mtarfa Barracks. This section of track was possibly
used as a sidings for rolling stock and special troop trains
that were run non stop from Valletta during the First World War.
The END of the line
7 miles 240 yds from Valletta !